Week #62??
Wow this week was something else, one of the more emotionally draining weeks I've had not gonna lie. Not because of stuff happening in Africa, but stuff back in America.
We all need to connect with Jesus a bit more I think.
Baptisms:
We were blessed to help Asakhe and Dynamique make promises with heavenly father on Sunday! Dont even worry, we have more on the way in the coming weeks!
Tender mercies:
My current area really has the whole spectrum of types of members, some of them are really difficult to deal with, but in all that rough we have a couple diamonds.
One of them being Brother Holmes, and one being Brother Shadrack! They both speak fluent French and were able to do the Baptism and confirmation in Dynamiques native language! It made everything so much more special and personal for him.
God is aware of all of our needs and finds a way to fulfill them, you think id be used to seein these miracles by now but wow it never gets old.
So, a couple weeks ago I told Elder Gore that I'd buzz my head with him after our Zone conference ... listen I know what you're thinking, "why the heck would you do that?"
And my answer is simple,
1. I've never done it before
2. Whom I tryna impress?
3. It's funny
So now that I walk around lookin like a used Q-tip... I can testify that having hair is a blessing and a curse.
It honestly doesn't look terrible (it's so bad)
Hit me up in that comment section if you want to see a pic π
On Thursday we had interviews with our mission president and he said to pull up at 5 pm ... and so we got there at 4:50.
Guys we did not get HOME until 11:00 PM.
Prez had us waiting in that for 6 HOURS!
But my son and I had a lit drive home, so it was worth it.
Spiritual thought:
This email has been insanely dry so hopefully this can sauce it up.
Christlike Love.
Two words that are so simple to say but seem impossible to achieve.
Something that I have always tried my very hardest to do is to have Christlike love for people, and holy crap is it difficult to accomplish sometimes. We all go through life with our own thoughts and opinions and hobbies and tend to get very easily upset when people disagree with what we like, or when people say things that hurt us. In these times it seems like loving someone IS JUST IMPOSSIBLE and it could never be done...
But guys
Coming back from the dead
WAS IMPOSSIBLE
Walking on water
WAS IMPOSSIBLE
Jesus Christ is the King of putting "impossible" rumors to rest (and there's no way that they get raised again π)
He is a source of perfect love that we can look to and shape how we treat each other. Believe me I know it's hard to love sometimes, but we can increase our capacity to love others as we improve the time we have with the savior.
Pray WITH Him
Go to church WITH Him
Read scriptures WITH Him
And I promise you will see his loving hand in your life appear more and more.
I love you all! Have an awesome week!!
-Elder Cottrell
πΏπ¦π€
