A-Frican Merry Christmas
So basically, I thought I'd just let you guys know how Christmas went over here 10,300 Miles away from home..
If my calendar didn't notify me that it was Christmas I 100% would have forgotten, bc it's just nothing like home, it's hot as John outside, my little fan in my room can't possibly keep up with the heat. Not to mention the family of mosquitoes that visits me every night!
It's a constant battle of whether or not I overheat with my blanket, or stay protected from those suckas.
My parents sent me a lot of American snacks so big shoutout to them! I finally bit the bullet and decided it was time for me to start cooking.
(I put water in a Ramen noodle packet and chucked it in the microwave)
I felt so accomplished to be a true chef
The days following Christmas... eish
But we had lots of days where we weren't allowed to go out and work
Yk, because of how safe South Africa is and everything 😊
But fast forward a few days and now it's New Years eve, so that's nuts, I'm about to hit up my "blackout year" on mission, basically my 2025 calendar is full.. of missionary work!
Yk, because of how safe South Africa is and everything 😊
But fast forward a few days and now it's New Years eve, so that's nuts, I'm about to hit up my "blackout year" on mission, basically my 2025 calendar is full.. of missionary work!
Spiritual thingamajig:
Alma 37:37
"Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."
I love when the scriptures give us these "if, then" statements, what I mean by this is when they literally tell us if we do this this and this, we will be blessed with this and this. It can be a very powerful testimony and faith builder when you see the blessings that come from following what the big man upstairs is telling us.
So try it out, if you feel like you've been trying and it's not working, just keep going.
So try it out, if you feel like you've been trying and it's not working, just keep going.
I've had countless times where I was thinking, what am I doing out here? Why was I called to South Africa, and the answer is... I got no clue. But I do know that if I just keep going a little longer, the lord is waiting there to receive me and help me.
Lol that might be the first legit thought I've given in these emails.
Anywho, see y'all next year 😉
