I've been kidnapped
Hi all!
My mom told me that I can't miss a week of emailing home because people thought something happened to me. No I wasn't kidnapped, although there's still plenty of time for that. Jokes jokes (not really tho).
The area I'm serving in is called Stanger, but we mostly don't teach here, just sleep and the church building is here. The rest is out in the huts.
You guys are probably wondering who I'm referring to when I say we. It's my trainer Elder Ferguson! He has been on mission for a whopping 3 and a half months, and he's training me. Not sure who thought that one out, but we get along really well and are honestly both still figuring this whole mission thing.
- Clothes line
- A shower that doesn't turn off
- Lizards
- One working light
- No tables
- Hey, but at least it has a bed right 😀
- Oh I almost forgot, my greatest enemy, no air conditioning. That is a big one for me, I cannot sleep hot. It's just bleh.
- I bought a guitar for 1000 rand which was a steal (50 bucks)
- Can't wait to actually learn how to use one though, should be fun.
Also, people's showers aren't in their home, so instead of maybe getting a towel to walk inside, they just waltz on out and I swear walk in slow motion to their door. Like bro get your booty inside. I did not want to see that. This brings me to another topic. Nobody here seems to wear an under garment, so everything is really just out and about. I think you get my point.
But back to a pg subject. We start the day at 5:30, then again at 6 when we actually wake up lol. We study and do all the boring stuff before we go out for the day. When I got to the field, the older missionaries told me that time goes by fast and I was like yeah whatever, but I've already been gone for a month and I only have 698 days left, but who's counting?
We’re teaching a deaf couple, so that’s been interesting. Elder Ferguson learned some sign language from his last companion and I’m learning little bits from Ferguson. When we don’t know a word, we spell it in sign language and ask them to show us the sign for it. It’s been so crazy but really cool.
- Don't be stupid
- Follow Jesus's example
- Jesus loves YOU
- Oh and read your scriptures
.jpeg)