"Put it into reverse, Terry"
Ok the subject line plus the first three lines of this email I found in a random draft from a whole month ago... and I guess it's been that long since I've sent out a real email so ig lets see what's good?
(beginning of Feb)
Alright so we got transfer news and...
I'm going back to Berea!
Those of you who are new here or just now decided to pay attention to my emails, I have indeed served in this ward before and I'm pretty excited to be going back!
(fast forward a whole month lol)
Alrighty we are so back! God's been pulling some funny tricks and put my mission in reverse, hit rewind and then pressed start.
Last transfer I served in a place called uMnambithi and then was transferred to a place called Berea... if we rewind to last year at this same exact time, I was serving in a place called uMnambithi... and then got transferred to Berea.
Now there is a little change though, since being called back to Berea, I'm in a trio and we are in charge of a few different things:
- making content for social media
- managing referrals and sending them where they need to go
- fixing random technology crap that idk how to do...the list goes on and on
It's safe to say I'm learning a lot and I'm also having a lot of fun, so that's what matters. We lowkey have 10k on Facebook so if you want to drop a follow to @comeuntochristinkzn that would be much appreciated.
In case the gang is wondering about how the whole "6 months to sexy is going"... its not.
I kinda stress fractured my wrist back in January and may not have let it heal, so now we are looking at more of a "3 months to thirst trap" and tbh (i don't really think its gonna happen) it'll be great.
But honestly there's not too much crazy stuff happening so far. We had an apostle (Elder Gong) come to our mission and visit the kingdom of Eswatini to rededicate the land!
Now I wasn't able to be a part of it and am lowkey jealous I couldn't meet an apostle, but hey I guess clicking buttons on a computer is more important than that 😁
We have 4 people lined up to be baptized this coming Sunday!
All of which don't speak a lick of English... teaching has been something else I tell you what. While being in South Africa, I've learned you just need to know how to speak zulu, xhosa, sotho, swati, swahili, chichewa, shona and if you're lucky... English. You get all those down and you'll be set!
Sorry for a lowkey trashy email, but this coming week will be so dope... I think. 🤷♂️
GOD LOVES YOU AND NEEDS YOUR TALENTS!
DONT BURY THEM!!! 🤍
- Elder Cottrell
(AKA Elder Howard's babysitter)