Been awhile . . .
Sorry for the lack of email writing it has been a crazy few weeks... or months idk when the last time I wrote was.
I'll have to keep it short this week but next week yall batter be watching your inbox like a fat kid watches the last doughnut...
First off,
2026?
That's kind of a weird one for me, because it means that at some point this year I won't be wearing the tag anymore, and I'll have to figure out how to navigate that change of lifestyle.
I'm beyond grateful for my mission and those who I've been able to teach, but I'm most grateful for my personal learning and growth in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
It is not only the written principles of faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end.
But it is how we can apply these things and live them in a way that shows others how good the gospel can be.
There is a quote from President Holland that I'll paraphrase.
" Teach people the Gospel of Jesus Christ everywhere you go, and when necessary, use words "
Don't get me wrong, preaching is definitely an important way for the gospel to spread, but our actions truly do speak louder than our words ...
We have to set the example!
How do we set the example for those who look up to us?
We look up to Christ.
It's His gospel for crying out loud so might as well look to the master teacher for some help.
1. it does not mean we close the other eye lol
2. We must be united in love towards one another
Love is honestly the answer to everything that is wrong, if you're in a fight with someone, just love them.
If God is giving you a trial, just love Him.
If we want to share the love that we feel from God to our friends, it starts with love.
Look for someone you can "knit your heart together with unity and love" and the gospel becomes a sweet fruit that everyone gets to taste.
I know God is love, if you haven't felt it in a while... (I highly recommend) kneel down and simply ask God if he loves you, and if you ask in faith I know he will fill your heart.
Lmk how you're doing or if you have any questions for me!
Love you guys 😉
- Elder Cottrell
