16, 19, 21, 11

Hey guys I think it's been a minute since I've gotten one of these out to you, but I also can't remember...

My Lil bro turned 16 on June 3rd, so if you're in the northern Las Vegas area I suggest staying off of the roads.

Then a day later I got to celebrate my 19th bday out here by doing something really special... missionary work!
And then the next day it was my comp's 21st birthday! 
Jokes aside it was actually a really good week and somewhat of a mental turning point in my mission.

Just 3 days after my birthday I reached 11 months of being a missionary and it really put things into perspective of how fast this time really does go. With just about a year left of being here, I had time to reflect on what I've done and what I still want to do.  It's something I'd encourage y'all to do as well - make a list of those things you want to accomplish and then GET TO WORK! 

We put 4 people on date for baptism this week so that was a cool miracle. These people basically put themselves on date as well! 

The Lions Park group is also growing! Soon it will be a branch and that means
there needs to be a branch president called out there... idk if you're picking up what I'm putting down, but basically Elder Cottrell could be called as branch Prez.

Yesterday we had a lady that told us she couldn't make it to church because her brother has demons and tried to murder her the night before...
Just the typical South Africa issues, I guess...

We went on Splits with the Assistants, and I had somewhat of a splendid idea. 

Just like all over the world, we have a lot of less active members.  We could think of them as being "sick".
And what do sick people love to receive?
Care packages! 
So Elder Knorpp and I went to the store and bought a bunch of snack food/ items that can be related to the gospel:
  • Faith: seeds 
  • Repentance: popcorn 
  • Baptism: herbal tea bags 
  • Holy Ghost: matchbox 
  • Endure to the end: Oreos 
We put all the stuff into a little gift bag, and we set out to give them away while teaching abt the gospel!!

Spiritual thought:
 
I know this gospel truly is like a gift that we've been given.  It's the way that we can come back into the presence of our heavenly parents and be filled with lasting joy! 

At times when my happiness may be gone, I can still find the joy that comes through this perfect plan that our loving and caring God has made for us! 

See y'all next week for week number 48!