1/4 Black
Sawubona everyone, this week I actually have time to write an email but lemme know if the voice notes are better/preferred.
If any of yall know the show reference to the subject of this email, please hit me up and tell me.
And of course, if you want to see me get attacked by a lion, first of all...rude, but secondly, just click the fancy shmancy blue button for my photos.
But let's move along to the creme de la creme of the email, shall we?
Tuesday
Had a nice interview with Mission Prez and his wife. We talked for a while and I asked how I can limit my distractions so I can focus better, besides my mission leaders just telling me to "focus" and "just don't get distracted". We came to the conclusion that I should try a phone fast.
And yall it was so nice, I don't think we realize how little we actually need our phones, and how much they distract us and fill our time with less-important stuff.
Yall should try and just do a social media fast for a day, and fill that phone time with some sort of focus on the Savior, you could read scriptures, or go hang out with a friend and help them not feel lonely yk? Just an idea tho.
Wednesday
After our studies I got some bomb cinnamon rolls from the store by our apartment. They call em "Chelsea buns" but that really doesn't give off a good visual when I'm tryna eat so I'll stick with cinnamon rolls thank you very much.
We had district council and we chowed at one of the only Chinese restaurants run by Chinese people here in Durban lol. It was lowkey pretty disappointing but the shop reminded me of kung-foo panda so ig that's a plus.
Then ya boy got smacked with the worst migraine ever and opening my eyes was just pain. At the end of the night, we picked up Elder Foster for exchanges the next day...
Thursday
Sister Nelly if you're reading this email I got some beef with you...
Let me set the stage for yall.
I go to the store and grab some pancakes, and a yummy Apple flavored drink called "aQuelle", then we have a lesson to get to at the chapel so once we get there, I place my fresh pancakes and ice cold uQuelle in Sister Nelly's office room thingy... after the lesson I notice my drink is no longer there.
Silly sister Nelly thought it was actually a gift for her! How cool is that🙂🙂.
So, after my drink got consecrated to quench Sister Nelly's thirst, I just had to drink tears...
Love you Sister Nelly
Wow today is full of great members.
Sister Lollie...
Ohh boy, we went to her house to get some avocados that she said the cartels were trying to steal and sell on the black market. She said they were like gold. So obviously we had to go and get them so that the cartels couldn't beat us to it. Before we got the avocados, before we even secured that package, we were givin a little bit of a meal. I don't know why but I eat pretty slow sometimes and she took it as me having very good manners and she called me a gentleman. So, if any of you are wondering apparently, I am a gentleman ok, you heard it here first.
Then we left the house and on our drive to the chapel she called us and wanted to give us some more "mom" advice..
"ELDERS DONT FORGET TO NEVER EVER DRINK THE TAP WATER... IT HAS ECOLI IN IT!"
sweet Lollie always looking out for us. Guys don't worry, the water is perfectly fine. It's supposed to have a hint of green in it right?
Friday
I had a legendary exchange with our zone leader today, and we were able to visit some less active families and overall, this was a pretty good day. Not much to really report on to be honest. We had a dinner appointment, so I was pretty dope and yeah.
Saturday
Yo today started off crazy, Sister Nelly left her keys at home and couldn't get into her little office. And so she called one of the other members that she doesn't have the best relationship with, but he has a car and he supposedly works for Uber. This may or may not have been the same one...That was put in jail last week, but that doesn't matter. She was trying to just go home and grab her keys and he was trying to charge her an absurd amount of money for the Uber to get there. Eventually, after a bunch of yelling and screaming and gnashing of teeth, we're able to get all sorted out.
From there, we went and visited a family that's actually here from America and they gave me a box of craft Mac and cheese. I don't think I've ever been happier to have a lunch appointment than That one cause I literally just got a box of happiness that I can take home and eat. They have a bunch of little kids, and they were sooo cute. Not to brag or anything, but I feel like I'm pretty good with kids. I've said it before. I'm so excited to be a dad.
Another crazy thing happened. A full family of Africaans (white people) requested 5 Books of Mormons! Guys, you don't know how big of a deal this is because we don't even have 5 Books of Mormons to give away like they're a fine resource. It's easier to find Diamonds, than a Book of Mormon here, okay. It was a pretty powerful lesson we were able to have them when we called her over the phone. She was like, "Don't worry when you get here, I will make sure to put the Rottweilers away." That was pretty comforting.
To end the day, there was an activity at the chapel with some of the primary children. One of these little boys, walked out to the front of the church and decided that'd be a great place to go to the bathroom so his pants shot down and you get the picture. Yeah, it was pretty funny, I'm not gonna lie. Yeah that ended off the day lol.
Sunday
Not many friends at sacrament😶
Alder and I rocked the men in black look today.
Ferguson and I brought the sacrament to a super sweet old couple. My heart was just so happy the whole time I was there.
They told us a story about her son who got in a railroad accident. He flew through the windshield and his arm got cut clean off by the glass... yeah that was pretty wild to hear.
Elder Fergs stepped in dog poop and yo it smelled so fetching bad. We had one last appointment, and we insisted on taking our shoes off to be "nice" aka to not gas everyone out of the house. This kind lady says she doesn't want the shoes to get stolen, so she grabs the poop shoes and brings them inside... we were so close yet so far 😪.
The lesson opened with the wife "leading the prayer"
Apparently, they all just pray at the same time... yall I was so lost, all the Zulu clicks and clacks had me thinking I was listening to a ping pong championship. I just started mumbling random sounds to fit in. I was trying so hard not to laugh.
Monday
Lowkey a chill Pday
Went to the driving range again
Got some lekker waffles at "rocomammas"
Sorry for getting this email out late yall.
Spiritual thought:
"Let go, Let God"
Until next week you guys ❤️ 🇿🇦
